Monetizing Your Skills with Shake
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Shake. All opinions are 100% mine.
I’ve been a content creator for a few years now and the #1 question that I get asked is “How do you make money?” The majority of my income comes from brand collaborations-meaning I create content and post on my social channels or blog. A smaller portion comes from me creating content for brands to use on their own social channels.
The next question I get asked pretty often is, “how do you get brand deals?” This definitely varies from month the month, but there are three ways:
1. A brand/ PR firm reaching out to me directly
2. Third party campaign platforms
3. Me reaching out to brands
I know there are more people than ever who are starting out as influencers, content creators, photographers, etc. It’s such a great time to monetize your talents and skills, but I know it’s not always easy. Now that I’m a full-time content creator, there’s even more pressure for me to make sure I have a consistent income. I’m a big believer in not putting all of your eggs in one basket, so I try to sign up for platforms that could bring in new collaborations.
I recently discovered a new platform called Shake and wanted to tell you guys about it because it is GENIUS. Even if you’re not an influencer/content creator listen up because this could still apply to you.
Shakes is a platform that is completely free for creators, and it’s a great place to potentially connect with brands and score new brand deals. It’s different from other platforms because you just list your Shakes (aka the services you’re offering). and there’s no back and forth discussion prior to payment-brands approach you with the Shake purchase!
It’s perfect for creatives and you can list services like sponsored social posts, photography, photo/video editing, virtual appearances and more. You can list as many Shakes as you’d like and as the creator, you get to customize all of the details of the Shake. Some of the specs you can customize are price, delivery timeline, usage rights and so much more.
How it works:
1. Create an account here (if you already have an Izea account you can use the same login)
2. Create “Shakes”-these are your creative listings to showcase the services you’re offering
3. Buyers will purchase your Shakes and you can choose to accept or deny any deals
4. Create and deliver the content seamlessly within the platform
When creating your Shakes, keep in mind that you want them to stand out. Here are a few tips:
- Use beautiful, high-quality images and/or videos that highlight your best work
- Create a Shake for each platform you’re active on
- Make sure to communicate why a brand should hire you (what’s in it for them and what do you bring to the table that’s unique)
- Look at other sellers Shakes to get some ideas on services to offer
If you still need a little bit of help watch this tutorial before creating your first Shake
Now you’re ready to get Shakin’! Sign up here!
Leave a reply